- Heavy Hitters named.
- Heavy Hitters a DMCAR tradition.
- Heavy Hitters are commercial real estate brokers.
They are called Heavy Hitters for a reason.
Denver’s commercial real estate Heavy Hitters, combined, completed a record $2.1 billion in transactions last year.
The Heavy Hitters designation is awarded by the Denver Metro Commercial Association of Realtors.
DMCAR honored its top commercial real estate producers of 2014 in land, industrial, multi-family, office, investment, retail, and small office broker categories.
In addition, DMCAR recognized a Young Broker of Denver, Top Landlord companies in the office, retail and industrial categories and paid tribute to Craig Myles, senior vice president with DTZ Denver, as its “Broker of the Year.”
The youngest son of highly-respected real estate professional Ron Myles, Craig Myles is a 20-year industry veteran who is a well recognized, seasoned commercial real estate broker.
His experience with tenant finish construction, industrial property and asset management, and brokerage, along with his working knowledge of the industry has contributed to his reputation as the consummate professional, according to DMCAR.
The work ethic and approach taken by the senior vice president of DTZ have earned him the title of 2015 Broker of the Year by the Denver Metro Commercial Association of REALTORS, an honor also earned by his older brother, RC in 1999.
Craig Myles worked hard to grow his base of knowledge and never turned his back on the opportunity to get involved in the volunteer and leadership activities of his professional associations, including stints as chair of DMCAR’s Government Relations Committee and service on the organization’s board, according to DMCAR.
Along the way, he has been a six-time winner of DMCAR’s Top Production honor, the Heavy Hitters Award.
“Not only does Craig come from one of my favorite real estate families, he truly cares about our profession and the sustainability of our organization,” said DMCAR CEO Katie Kruger. “He’s one of those rare leaders with great instincts, a great mind for business and a level of caring that is unmatched.”
DMCAR’s 2014 Heavy Hitters award recipients by category:
- Top Land Brokers – Mike Kboudi and Jim Capecelatro, DTZ – In a land market that was highly active across all product types, the team closed numerous deals in 2014 on their way to personal production totaling $53.8 million each.
- Top Industrial Broker – Jim Bolt, CBRE Inc. – 2014 total production came in at $163.9 millioni what Bolt referred to as “the best performing industrial real estate market that I have seen in 32 years of my practice.”
- Top Multi-Family Brokers –Dave Potarf and Dan Woodward, CBRE, – a record year in every measurable category for multi-family in 2014 was led by the work of Potarf and Woodward who ended the year with $540.2 million in individual production.
- Top Office Brokers – Barry Dorfman, Jones Lang LaSalle – a high volume of deals was highlighted by the development of the new CoBank corporate headquarters in the Southeast Suburban market, Dorman finished the year with just over $100 million each in personal production.
- Top Investment Brokers – Tim Richey and Mike Winn – $429.4 million in individual production helped earn the team their 12th Heavy Hitters in Investment title in the past 13 years.
- Top Retail Broker – Justin Kliewer, Newmark Grubb Knight Frank – with demand for Class A retail space extremely high, Kliewer worked through numerous deals including the downtown STK Steakhouse at 16M and the Walgreens flagship store at 16th and Stout streets on his way to personal production of $31.5 million.
- Top Small Office Broker – Matt Call, NavPoint Real Estate Group – highlighting the strength of his team at NavPoint, Call finished 2014 with personal production of $28.5 million.
- 2014 Young Broker of Denver is Michael Krebsbach of Unique PropertiesInc. Selected from a group of young professionals with less than three years of experience, Krebsbach, working with his Unique Apartments colleagues, completed several deals in 2014 including the package sale of two apartment buildings, the 148-unit Grove Apartments, and the 95-unit Emory Apartments in Colorado Springs on his way to personal production of $11.2 million.
Also, DMCAR recognized the 2014 Top Landlords in the Office, Retail and Industrial categories. Association members were asked to submit nominations for their top choices in the submarket that the individual broker practices.
2014 Top Office Landlords:
- LBA Realty.
2014 Top Retail Landlords:
2014 Top Industrial Landlords:
- United Properties.
- DCT Industrial.
Have a story idea or real estate tip? Contact John Rebchook at JRCHOOK@gmail.com. InsideRealEstateNews.com is sponsored by 8z Real Estate. If you would like to be a sponsor of InsideRealEstateNews, please contact John Rebchook at JRCHOOK@gmail.com or 303-945-6865. To read more articles by John Rebchook, subscribe to the Colorado Real Estate Journal.