- New apartment community opening in Boulder.
- Apex 5510 has another 34 units.
- The entire community in North Boulder has 231 units.
Adding fewer than three dozen apartment units to a market doesn’t seem like much.
So by opening a mere 34 apartment units in the Apex 5510 community in the North Boulder’s Gunbarrel district of Boulder, developer, Crossbeam Concierge increased the Boulder County supply by 5.4 percent.
The entire development has 231 units.
Crossbeam, which developed Apex 5510 in a joint venture with Trammel Crow Residential, recently opened the third and fourth building in the community, which added the 34 units
The recently opened buildings also includes a fitness center that is available 24 hours a day for residents.
Units in the community range in size from 567 square feet to 1,169 square feet. Monthly rents range from $1,351 to $2,371, according to the community’s website.
The City of Boulder had only a 3.8 percent apartment vacancy rate in the first quarter.
By comparison, the overall Denver-area market had a 4.9 percent vacancy rate.
Apex 5510 is walking distance to companies such as Qualcomm, Spectra, Crispin Porter and Covidien.
“We’ve seen a great deal of interest from people who want to live close to their jobs in Gunbarrel, as well as those who want a more affordable Boulder address,” said Brad Blash, co-founder and managing partner of Crossbeam Concierge.
“Apex 5510 is providing people with a quality apartment community, complete with numerous amenities and services that are intended to ease their busy lifestyles, and provide great sources of relaxation and fun,” Blash added
Apex 5510 hosts monthly brunches, as well as cocktail nights and other social events for residents.
Other amenities include:
- A 1,600 square foot fitness center, featuring a mix of Matrix and Paramount strength and cardio equipment.
- The Paw Spa, to wash and dry dogs.
- The Apex Lounge, which includes 24 hour access to billiards, free wi-fi, hi-def smart televisions, large entertaining bar, outdoor grilling and an indoor/outdoor fireplace.
- A future running and biking trail through the center of the community. It will connect to the Boulder/Longmont trail system.
- A resort style pool and spa, with a sundeck with views of the Flat Irons and Front Range.
- Easy access to Boulder Reservoir, hiking and biking trails.
- Community garden and eco-sensitive landscaping.
- Built to LEED Silver standards.
- Compliant with the Boulder Green Points program.
Units include gourmet kitchens with black Frigidaire appliances, built in microwave ovens, washer/dryers, walk-in closets, custom cabinetry and granite counter tops.Wood style flooring is in the living rooms, dining rooms and bathrooms. Units also have nine-foot or higher ceilings and floor-to-ceiling windows.
As to be expected in Boulder, the community includes electric vehicle charging stations and bicycle parking stations.
Apex 5510 is a smoke-free community.
Interested in buying a home in Boulder? Please visit COhomefinder.com.
Have a story idea or real estate tip? Contact John Rebchook at JRCHOOK@gmail.com. InsideRealEstateNews.com is sponsored by 8z Real Estate. To read more articles by John Rebchook, subscribe to the Colorado Real Estate Journal.